Amnok River Flows (Korean Drama)Main List
-> Korean Drama list
-> Current page
- Title: 압록강은 흐른다 / Amnokgangeun Heureunda
- English title: Amnok River Flows / Yalu River Flows
- German title: Der Yalu fließt
- Genre: Period, Biographical
- Episodes: 3
- Broadcast network: SBS
- Broadcast date: 2008-Nov-14
- Air time: Friday 20:50
- Viewership rating: peak: 8.6% Korea / 8.4% Seoul (Episode 2)
This drama portrays the turbulent life of Lee Mi Reuk, a Korean expatriate who fought for the freedom of his country while studying medicine in Tokyo, during the period when Korea was under Japanese colonial rule. He fled to China and eventually settled in Germany.
- This drama is based on the original autobiographical novel, "Der Yalu fließt" (Yalu River Flows) written by Lee Mi Reuk, and is co-produced by SBS (Korea) and Bayerischer Rundfunk (Germany).
- The Amnok River (more commonly known by its Chinese name, the Yalu River) is situated on the border of China and North Korea.
- A 120 minute theatrical version was released in South Korea in June 2009
- In Germany a 85 minute version aired on channel Bayerisches Fernsehen on March 16, 2010 at 23:25 to celebrate Lee Mi Reuk's 60th death anniversary.